Digiant Digital Terrestrial TV Antenna
Digiant Digital Terrestrial Antenna
Are you in Poor Terrestrial TV Signal Area?
Do you live in exposed weather conditions?
The Digiant Digital Terrestrial Antenna is your solution to both problems.
• UHF terrestrial TV antenna
• Covers all UHF TV channels
• First new TV antenna in 60 years
• Patented and invented by Poynting Antennas
• Collapsible to 20x deployed size. Deploys as easy as an umbrella
• Can transport 20,000 antennas in 20’ container – about 5 to 10 times
more than traditional UHF antennas
• Can withstand high speed winds, temperatures and vibration
• Aesthetically pleasing
• Covers TV channels 14 to 83 (470 MHz to 890 MHz)
• Very reliable gain over band (10 dBi)
• Mainly die cast Al. Recyclable and weather resistant
• Weighs only 406g
• Integrated pole mount
• Vertically and horizontally polarised mounting options
• Integrated F-type connector for RG6 cable
• Domestic UHF TV reception (digital and analogue)
• (DVB-T, DVB-T2 and digital standards)
• PAL/NTSC and other analogue TV reception
• TV whitespace internet devices
The DigiAnt name…ant/six legs; ant also short for antenna; born for new TV digital migration (DVB-T, DVB-T2 and digital standards) .
This digital terrestrial antenna was invented to allow for easy deployment while fitting in a very small package for transport. The antenna employs 6 curved
elements tapering from a small base to a large aperture when mounted.
The Digiant digital terrestrial antenna, which can technically be described as a “skeletal
Vivaldi” type antenna, provides a large signal capturing aperture while it’s visual and mechanical structure seems minimal. The 6 tapered legs
which curves away from each other in pairs allow good gain and reception pattern over the full UHF TV band – something which was difficult to
achieve with Yagi and Bowtie grid antennas which are currently often used.
DigiAnt achieves the required signal capture area (or size) when erected, but collapses to a very small package for transport and storage. The
innovative hinged mechanism allows it to be taken from the package and transformed into the full size antenna without any loose parts in an
operation as simple as opening an umbrella, using a similar principle as used by umbrellas.
The antenna consists mainly of pre-cast aluminium components which have very good corrosion resistance. The parts are also very repeatably
produced from moulds ensuring consistent quality. The moulded elements were designed to taper from thicker at the base to thinner at the tips
which is ideal in terms of reducing the force of wind and mechanical vibration while minimising the over cost and weight of the antenna.